PRESENT: Mayor Council: Riley Bradham, Zach Nelson, Henry Holst, Frank Thornhill, Allen Holmes and Town Clerk Colleen Key
OTHERS PRESENT: Whit Smith
Meeting called to order, with Pledge, at 7:00
Mayor reviewed previous meetings Minutes. Error on notes regarding Liability Insurance increase. Was determined to strike that sentence then Minutes are approved.
FINANCIAL REPORT as of 9/30/2018
Wells Fargo Checking $ 29,402.85 / $24,392.30
S.C. Local Government Investment Pool $232,868.53 (AIR 2.0949) / $233,289.01
MAYOR / COUNCIL REPORTS:
- DRB absent. No one reporting.
- Planning absent. No one reporting.
- BZA absent. No one reporting. Mayor noted that DRB does have a meeting planed October 18. On their agenda: 6964 Maybank – Nelson, Sea Island Yacht Dr – Linton and house on corner Harts and Maybank?
- WLPC: Henry Holst represented Wadmalaw Land Planning Committee. Largest attended meeting due to main topic regarding the 400 acres Dawson Mining Permit Application. Traffic and drainage and the possibility of opening up the possibility of future similar scenarios being the main concerns. Interested parties should write letters to DHEC and attend County Council Meeting to express concerns.
Remaining payment Due to Bittingham Group for Audit Services. $6400 to be written after Town Council meeting with Zach Nelson.
Blake Johnson is procuring search warrant to proceed with prior Town Clerk Embezzlement Investigation.
Mayor to visit Click Communication to check website progress.
New Clerk contract signed and lap top to be delivered to Colleen to update Quickbooks.
Mayor and other town residents to reach out to Jim Green regarding the shrimp dock to try to work something out to avoid commercial development. At this point the Green Family is very open negotiations.
Container Ordinance from Town Attorney via Henry Holst. Provides prohibition of storing and use of shipping containers, trailer containers and similar structures within the Town of Rockville. Under article 4 Zoning categories R1/2 R1 RC CH are amended by new Ordinance. Questions concerning temporary construction trailers and existing structures being grandfathered in effort to avoid misuse of law. Council needs to review County zoning statue to assure the new ordinance as written is suitable. To be discussed at next meeting
Galloway Wedding Bus Request: Let the Record show the Town has acquiesced to the Proposal by R Knight Galloway Jr. to use 2 school buses to drop off and pick up guests at junction of Maybank and Yacht Club Road and utilize golf carts to traverse Sea Island Yacht Club Road.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Whit Smith regarding Lot for sale next to him. Questions as to the reality of the lot even being buildable. Owner has not approached the Town. DRB was supposed to communicate potential issues to the seller. Mayor may reach out.
Whit Smith regarding raising of his house that is on the National Register. Questions such as potential historic grant or tax break and can it be raised where it is or does it have to be moved were discussed. Does it have to go up to 14 or 16 feet or can it go to 8 or 10 feet? DRB issue. Mayor suggests Simmons Young as a source for information on the subject also.
- Container Ordinance – Review Article 4 County Zoning
Motion to adjourn 7:45. Seconded by Frank Thornhill.