PRESENT: Mayor Council: Riley Bradham, Zach Nelson, Henry Holst and Town Clerk Colleen Key
ABSENT: Allen Holmes and Frank Thornhill
Meeting called to order, with Pledge, at 7:02
Other Present: None
Mayor reviewed previous meetings Minutes, motioned to pass. Zach Nelson seconded
FINANCIAL REPORT as of 4/30/2019 PREVIOUS Ending $ / CURRENT Ending $
Business Checking (Statement Balance) $ $51,556.16 / $52,268.08
S.C. Local Govt. Investment Pool $236,240.00 / 236739.18
MAYOR / COUNCIL REPORTS:
- DRB absent: No one reporting.
- Planning absent. No one reporting.
- BZA absent. No one reporting.
- Code Enforcement absent: No one reporting.
- WLP: Henry Holst. DHEC spoke at the last WLPC meeting, which was attended by Mayor Riley Bradham and Henry Holst, and gave an update on Mr. Allen Dawson’s proposed commercial use of the 500 acres in the middle of the Island. DHEC indicated that the door would be wide open if this plan passes. Technical compliance issues were raised at the meeting. Zoning will be the greatest barrier to stop the permit process for the mining plan. More letters are needed to show the communitie’s feeling that commercial use of this agricultural land would have an adverse impact on Wadmalaw.
Maybank road cleanup may be cancelled. Will be discussed at next meeting.
Website site has launched. Copies of the UDO and Comprehensive Plan are posted. This is a great tool to refer people to when they have questions.
Rockland is next for road maintenance. Charleston Green to fix North Rockland and will contact Frank Thornhill about patch work and grading on South Rockland. The Town is waiting for some time on Charleston Green’s schedule.
Insurance from IRF has come in at approximately $9000 this year. Town to get a quote from MASC.
Container Law has been redrafted by Town Attorney. Will prohibit anyone from having a shipping/storage container on their property for an unlimited amount of time. Mayor motioned that we adopt the newest draft as an ordinance. Seconded by Henry Holst with unanimous approval. Zoning must approve next, Henry Holst to submit.
BZA Reduction from 5 to 3 and must be accomplished by an Ordinance.
Jim Green has asked that the Town give their approval of his plan for residential development of his land on his commercial zoned property. Non PUD. Currently private conservation entities are working with Jim Green to prohibit commercial use of his land. His approximately 7 acres is zoned Rural Commercial. Mayor resolves to propose a resolution to allow Jim Green’s residential zoning change for the future of his property located at East Coast Seafood, simultaneously stipulating against a PUD/PD/commercial use.
Budget is ready. Ad to be placed in newspaper. Clerk to find template.
Prior Town Clerk was arrested by SLED and charged with Embezzlement. Town cannot comment with respect to ongoing investigation.
NEW BUSINESS: None
- Offer road cleanup to Dink after DOT finishes.
- Insurance quote from MASC
- Container Ordinance to Zoning
- BZA Ordinance
- Resolution RE: Jim Green Property
- Budget Ad in newspaper
Motion to adjourn 8:01.
Notice of Meeting: In accordance with the SC Code of Laws, 1976, Section 30-4-80(d), as amended, notification of the time, date and place of this meeting has been met via the Rockville Website and/or King’s Grocery Store Bulletin Board. The agenda was posted on the website and King’s Grocery Store Bulletin Board prior to the meeting.