PRESENT: Mayor Council: Riley Bradham, Henry Holst, Judy Suggs, and Town Clerk Colleen Key
ABSENT: Frank Thornhill and David Dunn
Meeting called to order at 7:00
Others Present: None
No changes to agenda. No time requested.
Mayor motions to approve prior Meeting Minutes. Seconded by Henry Holst. Unanimously approved.
FINANCIAL REPORT as of 7/30/2022
PREVIOUS Ending $ CURRENT Ending $
Wells Fargo Checking $61,881.33 $68,658.64
S.C. Local Government Investment Pool $288,457.62 $288, 879.64
Henry Holst would like to receive a monthly update on road work expenditures. Clerk to add to Treasurer’s Report.
NOTE: A virtual $10,000 is held aside for disaster clean up
MAYOR / COUNCIL REPORTS:
- Planning: No one reporting.
- BZA: No one reporting.
- Code Enforcement: No one reporting
- DRB: No one reporting
- WILPC: Henry Holst – No meeting
Short Term Rentals – Mayor suggests waiting for Council Members Frank Thornhill and David Dunn. Number of days need be decided and definition of STR relative to the Town. Once details are decided, we will add to County template and have Town attorney review and then have 2 public hearings.
Comprehensive Plan has finally been approved by Planning, with the following changes:
- Population Element – does this information need to be updated based on current census?
- Page 15 – typo noted, and the word Board needs to be added to Design Review.
- Economic Development – needs to reflect that the Store is open and not closed as listed.
- Natural Resources – currently Rockville does not have No Wake Zones to increase the enforcement of.
- Transportation – Implementation Strategy and Time Frame
- Work with the State and County for road improvements.
- Dirt roads should be preserved to maintain the rural character of the Town.
Council approves the recommendations. Mayor moves to accept and enact Planning’s April 6, 2022 edits. Seconded by Henry Holst.
Clerk will run ad to announce readings for the Comprehensive Plan and Animal Care Ordinance at the September and October meeting. County will codify and handle moving forward.
Roads – CDH patched SIYC Rd. prior to Regatta which has held up well.
Town is awaiting a new quote as the initial quote from Howell and Associates did not include dirt and called for 15 ft of asphalt to apron. Possibly only 6-8 ft of asphalt is needed.
After an additional site visit, it was determined that 2 quotes are needed:
- 6-8ft apron, cutting road to remove memory and adding macadam and compactable material then rolling and crowning.
- 6-8ft apron, cutting road to remove memory and adding macadam and dirt mixture then rolling and crowning, which may keep its integrity longer.
Howell and Associates has declined to do the work, but their employee Scott Tallent has offered to provide an Estimate to do the work. Town awaits his proposal and will ensure that he is properly licensed and insured and provides a traffic plan.
Committee training – Mayor to email the Chairs of Committees to follow up.
Clerk to update website committee members.
Oak limbs down on corner of Maybank and SIYC Rd. To whomever moved the limbs, the Mayor would like the record to reflect the Town’s sincerest Thank You!
Rockville Regatta was a huge success. More participation noted this year. The Yacht Club handled the traffic effectively.
Henry Holst asks has anyone else heard that there will be a site on Humbert Rd. to drop of debris from storms. Judy Suggs comments that she read that the County decided not to go through with the plan due to the great amount of opposition that was expressed from the community.
Mayor motioned to adjourn at 7:39. Seconded by Judy Suggs.